Lip Smacking Good Tangy Honey Mustard Oven Baked Bbq Wings
I live for wings but the way I was dropping cash at Buffalo Wild Wings and Wing Stop was just straight up disrespectful to my bank account. I’ve seen a few recipes floating around Pinterest for Honey Mustard Oven Baked Bbq Wings but they all seemed a little off from what I was looking for (lack of seasoning cough cough lol). I played around with a few recipes until I came up with one I was proud of so I’m sharing it with you guys.
During the summer months, we tend to do more snacking then cooking full-on meals because it’s just too hot. These are perfect for the days I want to cook but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. Honey Mustard Oven Baked Bbq Wings also freeze really well so you can make then in August and freeze a second batch for Super Bowl! I store mine using my FoodSaver and toss them in my deep freezer. When that craving for wings comes on strong I dig them out and toss them in the oven. I haven’t been inside a Buffalo Wild Wings or Wing Stop in ages, and you won’t either anymore.
These wings can be adjusted depending on how much heat you want. I personally can’t do anything to spice but Reese loves the heat so I usually make a batch just for her with extra cayenne pepper.
Tangy Honey Mustard Oven Baked Bbq Wings
- 3½ pounds of wings, cut at joint rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tsp of garlic powder
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- ½ tsp teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of dijon mustard
- ¼ cup of honey
- ¼ cup of BBQ sauce
- 2 tsp of white vinegar
- 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl add wings and season with garlic powder, black pepper and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add remaining ingredients and whisk together. Reserve a third of it. Add the two thirds of the mixture to the wings and marinate wings. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Add wings to a baking pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the outside is slightly crisped.
- Remove chicken from oven and brush chicken with sauce and allow chicken to rest five minutes before serving.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy here.