Hot fudge. Ice cream sundae. Cupcakes…Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes. Need I say more? (Just kidding, I will definitely say more!)
Cupcakes are something of a cliché at this point, aren’t they? It seems like only yesterday that the idea of cupcakes was a novelty and there weren’t cupcake places on every corner of town. But no matter how many cupcake shops come and go over the years, I know one thing for certain: they can still be incredibly delicious. Especially when you step them up a notch or two with a recipe that will blow your taste buds out of the water.
Hot fudge sundae cupcakes sound like something you might find on the menu of a kid’s fantasy restaurant. It has everything you might want or need in a dessert: gooey warm hot fudge that feels like it could stick to your ribs; tasty vanilla ice cream flavor; as well as the actual “cake” part of the cupcakes for good measure. Yet despite the fantastical nature of this delicious dessert, one thing is for certain: it is real and it is something you can make fairly easy right at home.
Hot fudge sundae cupcakes are a great treat to make with your kids; I know my daughter loves to make them, and it’s something of a tradition on the occasional movie night weekends to whip up a batch of hot fudge ice cream sundae cupcakes to nibble on in between popcorn bites. They could also be a perfect baking project to tackle on a rainy afternoon when everything seems gloomy and overcast. A nice cupcake will definitely cheer up your day in grey weather!
They are surprisingly simple to make, even if you aren’t an expert baker or don’t make cupcakes very much. This makes them ideal for trying out new baking ideas at home, creating cupcakes for a work or school event, or simply baking hot fudge sundae ice cream cupcakes because they’re delicious and you want to try them.
Again, these are pretty easy to make for most bakers. You just need to be a bit patient in order to ensure the recipe turns out all right! As with any cupcakes, makes sure you don’t get distracted and overbeat the batter since this will ruin the baking consistency in no time at all.
PICKUP UP THESE MUCH HAVE BAKING ESSENTIALS
Of course, you don’t have to keep this recipe as-is if you want to make it even more indulgent. Consider adding some extra treats such as some sundae-style nuts, chocolate syrup, banana slices, or whatever else you happen to personally enjoy in your ice cream sundaes. Just take your love for these ingredients in a bowl stuffed with ice cream and apply it to the cupcakes! Make sure that you let the cupcakes cool down before adding ingredients.
If you are ready to start baking delicious cupcakes that will have you craving more before you’re even done eating the first one, then this recipe for hot fudge ice cream sundae cupcakes will quickly become a favorite.
Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes
- 1 dozen of your favorite cupcakes, cooled Need a recipe, check out this one
- 5 tbsp chocolate syrup
- 2 sticks 2 sticks butter softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp chocolate candy melts
- 12 maraschino cherries
- rainbow sprinkles
- Using a paring knife, cut the top middle section of your cupcakes and fill each one with chocolate syrup. Cover the holes with the cupcake pieces you cut out.
- In a stand mixer, slowly start beating butter, sugar, milk and vanilla to make your buttercream. Gradually increase the speed to high. The buttercream is ready once it forms stiff peaks.
- Using a piping bag, generously frost your cupcakes with the buttercream.
- Microwave your chocolate candy melts in 30-second intervals until completely melted. With a spoon, drizzle over on top of your frosted cupcakes. Top with sprinkles and a maraschino cherry.