Cure Your Chocolate Craving With These Quick and Easy Baked Mini Chocolate Tarts
It was a scorching 100° in the Inland Empire (California) this week but, that didn’t stop me from baking up these baked mini chocolate tarts. Reese is the baker, not me but when my chocolate craving hit and she was at her dad’s, I headed for the kitchen.
When it comes to baking I’m sort of the lazy baker. I don’t have time for handmade pie crust because let’s be honest (it takes too long). So when I saw mini pre-made pie crusts in the store I grabbed them. I knew they would come in handy eventually and boy was I right!
I love how quick and easy these are to make. I feel like the average home baker has most of the ingredients on hand (except for maybe the heavy cream) so they are a dessert you can pull out of anywhere.
Okay, enough rambling, since I know most people are here for the recipe and not the back story, I won’t bore you with more details. Just know that these are a must try especially if you love chocolate. If you do end up making these, please tag me on Instagram @manthatlooksgood our use our hashtag #manthatlooksgood so I can share.
- 12 pie crusts Store-bought frozen mini pie crusts
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup cup milk
- ¼ cup instant coffee
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 Lg large eggs at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325° degrees and line mini pie crusts on baking sheet.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together cream and milk until it simmers. Add coffee and whisk more.
- Remove from heat and add both chocolates until completely melted.
- Add sugar and salt and continue whisking. Make sure all of your ingredients are well-incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, beat both of your eggs and then add to your chocolate mixture. Stir all ingredients them pour into each tart shell.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden. Allow to cool before serving.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy here.