Living a Keto lifestyle and getting bored with breakfast? This Keto Breakfast Sandwich Featuring A Keto Everything Bagel is a must-try. It’s quick and easy to put together and you can even prep a few over the weekend and toss them in the freezer for those mornings when you need to grab breakfast and go.
I love a good breakfast sandwich. If I could eat a breakfast sandwich every day of my life, I probably would. This may seem like an exaggeration—and maybe it is—but I simply cannot stress how much I enjoy a great tasting breakfast sandwich. They’re so versatile, aren’t they? You can add whatever toppings you want, use buns, bread, or even bagels; the sky (or rather, the breakfast table) is the limit!
If you’re on a keto diet, then you may have been missing breakfast sandwiches since it can be quite tough to find good keto breakfast sandwich options. Keto breakfast ideas tend to lean away from sandwiches, bagels, and similar items, after all. That is where this truly exceptional keto breakfast sandwich recipe comes into play. It has all the deliciousness and richness of a “regular” breakfast sandwich, but it’s actually keto-friendly! This recipe does use my keto everything bagel recipe, so you’ll want to check that out here or you can pick up Trader Joe’s ever so popular Everything But The Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend.
But back to the absolute brilliance of the breakfast sandwich, because it bears repeating that breakfast sandwiches are perhaps the most ingenious breakfast invention in the past 100 years. (Except maybe frozen waffles for those ultra-lazy days.) Breakfast sandwiches are hearty, filling, and perfect if you want to start the day with lots of energy. You can even make them as healthy (or not) as you want since they are so customizable. If you want to make this or any other breakfast sandwich healthier, just swap out a few ingredients or add in more nutritional ones. Or if you want to be extra indulgent, consider adding some rich treats to make it more luxurious for your taste buds.
There’s something about breakfast sandwiches that feels almost—and I know this sounds strange—wholesome to me. They remind me of my first jobs, where I started picking up fast food breakfast sandwiches on the way to work; to save money, I started making my own and freezing them for the week. Sure they didn’t have the telltale deliciousness that can only come from breakfast sandwiches practically fried in grease, but they were still amazing—and healthier, to boot. Now, breakfast sandwiches are my go-to when I want to eat something in the morning that I know is going to give me energy and help me get through the morning with gusto.
This keto breakfast sandwich not only does the trick, it definitely hits all the right notes in terms of taste, texture, and it’s general fullness; which is exactly what I want from a breakfast sandwich. If you want, you can even make a few of these at one time and then pop them into the freezer.
If you on a keto diet and you’ve been sorely missing breakfast sandwiches, you can finally stop fretting: just try out this great keto breakfast sandwich recipe, and don’t forget to take a look at my keto-friendly bagel recipe so you can create the “buns” for this breakfast sandwich first. Enjoy!
Keto Everything Bagels
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1⅕ cup mozzarella cheese freshly grated or bag is fine
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Everything but the Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare a sheet pan or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond flour, baking powder, and half tablespoon of seasoning and mix well.
- Add mozzarella and cream cheese to the bowl and microwave in 45 second increments until the cheese is completed melted and forms a ball of dough. Should go through 2 cycles.
- Add the egg to the bowl and vigorously mix it or use your hands, just make sure the egg is fully incorporated into your dough.
- You will want to make four balls of dough. Roll them each into a ball and gently push a finger through the center to make a nickel sized hole. Place on parchment paper and repeat on the other three bagels. Make sure the bagels are two inches apart.
- Use the olive oil and brush the bagels on top and top with remaining seasoning.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a nice golden brown forms on top.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes and then enjoy!