Switch up your breakfast routine with these Glazed Cranberry Pecan Muffins made from scratch. They’re a great alternative to cereal and good for breakfast on the go. Make ahead of time and freeze them for a quick breakfast.
If you’re an adventurous eater like I am after a while breakfast foods start to become a little dull and repetitive. Especially on the weekends, I like to try and mix things up and treat myself to something a little more exciting. These Glazed Cranberry Pecan Muffins are perfect for a weekend treat, or for breakfast on the go.
When I bake muffins, I love to make a large batch and freeze some of them afterward. I always feel guilty having so many sweet treats in the house after baking and trying out new recipes, but freezing them helps them to last longer and reduces waste. This recipe makes 18 muffins, so you’ll be able to make them last for a few weeks and spice up your breakfast routine for a while!
The prep time is only 10 minutes for this recipe, and then they’ll need 25 minutes in the oven. So next weekend when the kids are asleep, whip these up, and they’ll be well impressed when they wake up! With cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and orange in the mixture, they have the perfect seasonal twist and are a great winter breakfast for everyone to enjoy. By adding cranberries and pecans, they are a decadent, seasonal muffin that you can enjoy throughout the winter.
I always look forward to using these spices and ingredients in baking each year, and can’t wait to share with you some of my other seasonal recipes soon. I hope you enjoy these Glazed Cranberry Pecan Muffins and that they’ll help to mix up your breakfast routine this fall and winter. If you’d like a visual guide to the recipe, check out my YouTube video linked above!
Glazed Cranberry Pecan Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk or half-and-half
DIRECTIONS FOR MUFFINS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray or grease a 12 cup and 6 cup muffin tin.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, orange peel, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Cut in shortening; stir in juice, vanilla, eggs, cranberries, and pecans.
- Pour into muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes or until brown.
DIRECTIONS FOR GLAZE
- Combining all ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth, adding enough milk for desired glaze consistency.
- Drizzle over each muffin with a spoon