This spicy peanut butter bacon burger has a southeast Asian flair and is jam-packed with flavor thanks to the addition of sriracha and creamy peanut butter. That and the super crunchy bacon and sweet potato fries make this a crowd favorite grilling recipe!
When it comes to burgers there are a couple of things that are important: The pattie must be juicy, the burger should be flavorful and there must be some crunch to it. Those are the basics. If it’s also slightly different than what you can get at a steakhouse, even better!
This spicy peanut butter bacon burger has all those things:
- The pattie is the single most flavorful thing you’ll ever have. They are also super juicy even when fully cooked.
- The sauce. Oh my, the sauce!! This is the type of sauce you want to serve with anything and everything. It’s creamy, spicy, creamy and so well balanced.
- The bacon: This is the bacon you expect to get at a fancy steakhouse. Super crispy and crunchy and cooked to perfection
Trust me when I say this is the burger recipe to beat all burger recipes. And the best part? You can make it in a grill outdoors (make sure to check these tips to grill like a pro!) of just use a pan, both ways turn out SO GOOD!
How to make the most crispy bacon at home
Here’s a thing. If you have ever cooked your bacon in a pan (like most of us probably do) you probably already know it’s a messy endeavor. Bits of bacon get charred and some other parts get undercooked it’s so annoying! ANd with a reason, have you ever noticed that steakhouses use a bacon press to evenly cook their bacon?
However, there’s a way to do it at home without the need to use a bacon press. You cook your bacon in the oven.
That’s it. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and bake the bacon strips in a baking pan for around 20 minutes. Your bacon will remain straight and all sides will be perfectly crispy.
How to make super juicy spicy peanut butter burger patties
What I love the most about this recipe is how juicy and flavorful the pattie is! So here’s the secret: Jam pack your burger with as much flavor as you can before cooking it, that’s how you get a ton of flavor in each bite.
We are adding a tablespoon of peanut butter, some sriracha sauce, and a little bit of Worcestershire sauce.
We are also adding a piece of sandwich bread and some milk. What? Yes, that may seem weird, but adding a bit of bread soaked in milk to your ground beef is what makes this burger so juicy even when fully cooked.
Mouth-Watering Spicy Peanut Butter Bacon Burger
- 2 Pounds ground beef
- 1 Piece of bread
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 1/4 Cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tsp onion powder
- For the sauce:
- 1/3 Cup peanut butter
- 1/4 Cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- For the burgers:
- 6 Hamburger buns lightly toasted.
- 6 Sliced cheese
- 12 Bacon strips cooked
- 2 Cups sweet potato French fries
- Prepare the hamburger patties. In a bowl combine the bread, milk, peanut butter, sriracha sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and onion powder. Add salt and pepper to taste too. Mix until you have a thick paste.
- Add the ground beef and lightly knead to incorporate everything. Shape 6 hamburger patties and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce: In a bowl combine all the ingredients until incorporated. Add more salt or pepper if needed.
- Heat a grill over medium heat. Brush with oil.
- Add tha hamburgers and cook for 4 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 minutes.
- Top with the cheese and cover the grill. Cook for 1 more minute or until the cheese has melted.
- Place each hamburger Pattie over the toasted bun. Top with sauce, bacon, and French fries.