Cool off this summer with this easy to make tangy pineapple chilled soup recipe plus three others to add to your summer must try list.
We went on a cruise a few years ago and I fell in love with the menu. One night for dinner they served a chilled soup that I lost my mind over.
It was a peach chilled soup with a touch of cream, ginger and there had to have been some sort of rum in it. Either way, it was delicious and I ordered it every night after that.
I had totally forgotten about these fruit-based chilled soup until I went on another cruise. On this ship, they served this pineapple chilled soup and I made it my mission to crack this recipe.
Several batches later and I think I’ve figured it out. Here is my version.
Tangy Pineapple Chilled Soup Recipe
- 2 cups frozen pineapples + a few pieces that have been thawed out (for garnishing)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- Fresh basil for garnishing
- Place 2 cups frozen pineapples, sugar, whole milk, cream and yogurt in a blender.
- Blend until completely mixed - we started on a “pulse” and moved forward with a slow mix for about 2 minutes.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with pineapple and basil. Serve and enjoy!
Pineapple and Basil Chilled Soup
So now I’m kind of addicted to chilled souls. Check out these other recipes on my list for summertime chilled soup inspiration.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on our affiliate link policy, click here.