Oh So Cuddly Lamb Themed Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookies
I don’t know about you, but it seems like nearly everyone on my facebook feed is having a baby. One of my really close friend’s whos due in August asked if I could help her pick a baby shower theme. When Reese was born I played around with the idea of doing lambs so I suggested the idea. She loved it so, we decided on a cute gender neutral lamb theme with these lamb themes chocolate covered oreo cookies taking center stage.
This post contains affiliate links which means we receive a small commission when you purchase an item via the links below. For more information on our affiliate link policy and to read our terms and conditions, click here.
If you follow Reese’s blog, you may have noticed we do a lot of Oreo-themed desserts in her baking kits. We love them because they are really easy to make, the ingredients are affordable and everyone loves them. Although we made these for a baby shower, they would be just as cute for a birthday party. Kids get a kick out of making these Oreo lamb treats for Spring and Easter as well.
If you plan on making these I’ve made it really easy by linking to all the items I used to make this recipe. If you’re not feeling like a store run, keep an eye on Reese’s website around spring. These usually make an appearance in her Spring baking kits.
Lamb Themed Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookies - Man, That Looks Good!
- 6 oz White fondant
- Gel food coloring
- ½ cup Cornstarch for rolling
- 12 cookies Oreo Cookies
- 2 cups White candy melts
- 2 tsp Coconut oil
- 1 cup Sweetened shredded coconut
- 24 pieces Candy eyes
- 12 Sprinkles circle shaped - they will act as the lamb’s nose)
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Begin by preparing your fondant shapes: add 3-4 drops of black gel food coloring to your fondant and fold and knead until completely colored. On a surface lightly dusted with cornstarch, roll out your fondant to be about ¼ of an inch thick and cut 12 small circles. These will be your lambs’ head.
- Shape smaller pieces of your dark grey fondant into tiny oval shapes. Make 24 of them: these will act as your lamb’s ears.
- Microwave your white candy in 30-second intervals until completely melted. With a fork, dip each Oreo into the candy and set on your lined baking sheet.
- Place one circle-shaped fondant in the center of each Oreo cookie. Sprinkle your shredded coconut on each one.
- Using a toothpick, apply a bit of white candy melts on the back of each fondant ear. Gently place on each Oreo cookie.
- Apply the candy melts on your candy eyes and your sprinkles. Apply on face of each lamb.
- Allow to set for at least 30-45 minutes.