Finding good bagels is hard enough, but it’s especially hard if you’re sticking to a keto diet. But if you love bagels, then you will definitely love this keto bagel recipe that will have you filling up the toaster for seconds in no time. This recipe for Keto Everything Bagels is easy, even for beginners, and it’s perfect if you’re a bagel lover trying to stick to a keto diet.
A keto diet can be beneficial for weight loss, along with certain other health conditions. If you’re on a keto diet, then you already know how much of a pain it can be to find great recipes. Once you try this recipe, you will definitely be bookmarking it for future use. Bagels are perfect for breakfast, snacks, lunch—and why not, even dinner or evening snacks. Bagels make for a great “bun” for a breakfast sandwich (check out my recipe for that there!) so you’ll definitely want to keep this keto bagel recipe in mind for meals in addition to a simple bagel snack.
I’m something of a bagel fiend. I love all types of bagels. Cinnamon bagels, sour cream, and onion bagels plain bagels, and of course—the everything bagel. This is why the recipe I’m providing today is a recipe for a truly delicious and unforgettable everything keto bagel. This everything keto bagel is rich, flavorful, and perfect on its own or as a base for a sandwich. If you love everything bagels as much as I do, then you won’t regret trying out this recipe; it will have your taste buds singing! Especially if you pair it with some nice keto-friendly toppings or spreads.
I can still remember the very first bagel I ever had. I was a little kid, and I had watched my mom make a bagel every morning for the past week straight. She would pop the bagel in the toaster, and I’d watch as the inside of the toaster reached that glowing orange color as it turned the once-soft bagel into a crispy toasted treat. Then she’d pull the hot bagel from the toaster and plop it on a plate to be topped with what was usually cream cheese; though sometimes she’d just spread on some butter, or jam, and occasionally an egg over-easy. At the end of the week, I’d had enough of peeking over the kitchen counter to watch her prepare her treat and I flat out asked: Can I have one, now? She toasted me a bagel with little ceremony, and—a big deal at the time—let me spread on my own cream cheese. The first bite was like a revelation. Warm, crispy, delicious—and my new favorite breakfast snack.
My love for bagels continues to this day, which is why I decided to make it my mission to create a great everything keto bagel recipe that anyone on a keto diet could enjoy. If you’re ready for an unforgettable everything bagel recipe that will soon become a staple of your household breakfast, read on to discover the recipe that will change your life!
Keto Everything Bagels
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1⅕ cup mozzarella cheese freshly grated or bag is fine
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Everything but the Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare a sheet pan or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond flour, baking powder, and half tablespoon of seasoning and mix well.
- Add mozzarella and cream cheese to the bowl and microwave in 45 second increments until the cheese is completed melted and forms a ball of dough. Should go through 2 cycles.
- Add the egg to the bowl and vigorously mix it or use your hands, just make sure the egg is fully incorporated into your dough.
- You will want to make four balls of dough. Roll them each into a ball and gently push a finger through the center to make a nickel sized hole. Place on parchment paper and repeat on the other three bagels. Make sure the bagels are two inches apart.
- Use the olive oil and brush the bagels on top and top with remaining seasoning.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a nice golden brown forms on top.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes and then enjoy!