If you’ve recently switched to the Keto diet, you’ll know how difficult it can be to find substitutions for some of your favorite foods and snacks. Bread is something that so many people miss when trying different diets, especially keto. Today I’m going to share with you an easy Keto Bread Recipe from Scratch that’s quick and simple for even beginners to make.
Easy Keto Bread Recipe from Scratch
Bread is one of the staples in any household and is useful to have around for quick breakfasts, lunches, and snacks. But sadly, when changing to a keto diet, it’s not something that’s part of the plan. I know it’s one of the first things many people really miss and crave, so I made it my mission to find the perfect quick recipe for keto bread. A lot of keto bread can taste quite eggy or doesn’t hold together well. This recipe I’m sharing today has very little eggy taste due to the almond flour and cream cheese used, and it’s perfect for using as a base for sandwiches.
There are so many benefits of a keto diet, including potential weight loss and its use for people with certain health conditions. However, if you are already on a keto diet, you probably know how hard it can be to find recipes and substitutions for some of your old favorite foods. I’ve created many recipes recently including my Keto Everything Bagels and Easy Keto Snack Ideas featuring Keto Caramel Pecans. A little bit of imagination can go a long way in the kitchen, and you shouldn’t let the keto diet restrict you from having fun!
I’ve always been a bread lover myself and especially enjoy toasting bread for breakfast or having a sandwich for my lunch. I really couldn’t imagine cutting it out of my diet completely, which is why I came up with this recipe for people following a keto diet. It takes only 15 minutes to prepare the recipe, and 15-20 minutes to cook, so you’ll be enjoying your bread in no time. To prepare for the recipe, make sure your cream cheese and butter are at room temperature.
The instructions are very easy to follow, and there are only seven ingredients involved. I love knowing what is going into keto substitutions, which is why cooking at home is always the best idea, in my opinion. In comparison to making regular bread, this is such a speedy way to have one of your favorite foods ready to go. And there’ll be no more need to buy expensive keto-friendly bread in the store anymore.
If you are following the keto diet and you love bread as much as me, you’ll want to try out this recipe today. I’ve made it my goal to find great keto alternative recipes so anyone following the diet can still enjoy all the delicious foods they used to love. Enjoy making this Easy Keto Bread Recipe from Scratch!
Easy Keto Bread Recipe From Scratch
- 4 ounces cream cheese – room temperature
- 4 tablespoons of butter – room temperature
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon of Swerve granular sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- With a hand mixer, combine the butter and sugar.
- Add cream cheese to the mixture (make sure it is room temperature you do not want to use it cold out of the fridge).
- Then one by one add your eggs to the mixture until smooth.
- Mix in the dry ingredients and blend for a minute as you want to make sure all ingredients are incorporated.
- Bake in loaf pan (I used 9X5) for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Check on it starting at the 25 minute mark.
- Once done, let cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!