This Creamy Tomato Soup is perfect for those cool fall and winter evenings when you want to curl up with a good book, a tasty soup, and a warm fireplace.
Tomato Soup is my all-time favorite soup flavor, and it’s always a crowd-pleaser! It’s such a simple and easy dish to make and is perfect for the cold nights that are approaching during the fall and winter. The thing I love about this soup recipe is how simple it is to follow, and you only need minimal equipment to make it. By adding the heavy cream at the end, it makes it even thicker and more delicious.
My favorite way to serve soup is with a big chunk of crusty bread slathered in butter on the side. If you are feeling extra fancy, consider making some homemade bread to really impress your family! During winter, I always find I need a hearty, warming meal each evening, but sometimes I just don’t have the time to cook something extensive after a busy day at work. However, soup is the perfect dish to make for lunch or dinner any day of the week, and this recipe takes only 25 minutes to cook. That’s just enough time to get the fire crackling away, ready for a cozy night in!
There’s nothing better after a day in front of the computer than zoning out with a good book by a warm fireplace. It’s something I really look forward to each winter, and while I always miss the summer sun, being cozy inside with my family and friends is a treat each winter season. With the holidays fast approaching, I also love to serve soup as a lighter dish between some of those heavy celebratory meals! I hope you and your family enjoy this Creamy Tomato Soup as much as I do.
Creamy Tomato Soup
- Immersion blender
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2½ tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 dash Italian seasoning
- 2 28 fluid ounce cans whole tomatoes (with juices)
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Over medium-high heat add the oil, butter, and onion to a soup pot. Sauté onion for 5-7 minutes or until it's lightly browned.
- Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning, followed by the tomatoes and vegtable broth.
- Increase the heat to high and bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes, covered, with the lid slightly ajar.
- With an immersion blender, blend soup until it's smooth. Stir in heavy cream and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve with a side of crusty bread, Enjoy!